Thursday, January 12, 2012

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Market.....


I have to share a great humorous story with all of you.  I was in a local Sprouts today picking up a few things when I saw one of my step class regulars.  I was so excited to see her because I LOVE it when I see students outside of class and we get to say HI.  We were all chatter boxing all about a new step class and circuit class I am going to begin teaching at a brand new location that starts TONIGHT!!!!!  Woooo hooooo!  Anyways we were joking around and talking about classes for about 10 minutes before we noticed that there was a mystery lady there that kept walking by us.  Apparently our enthusiasm for class was oozing out our pores and we lost track of our inside voices.  Well, on about her third pass she decided to stop and this is what she said……
 ”Wow! This sounds like the most fun and exciting part of the store!  Can I join in on the club here?”
To which I emphatically replied, “ABSOLUTELY!” 
This came out even louder than I was talking, because now there were a few people looking at us.   That is one thing about being a group fitness instructor;  you really don’t have a problem with projecting your voice, sometimes I even feel like the microphone I use during class maybe unnecessary….teeeee heeeeee!
Well, my friend and I said our good-byes and I was off to grab my ground chicken breast.  I headed up to get in line and check out.  I saw that the two of them were on the opposite side of the lines chit chatting back and forth, but I didn’t think anything of it.  As I finished checking out, I walked towards the door and the mystery lady was passing me by.  I thought there was going to be just a friendly exchange of smiles and we would be on our way to enjoy the rest of our days.  However, there was and exchange of words that went with the smiles and it went something like this…..
I should also mention she apparently now knew my name which I did not give to her……
Mystery Lady:  “Hey Tabitha!?!?!?!”
Me:  “Yeah!?!?!?”, as I looked up from my receipt and smiled
Mystery Lady:  “I’m going to go head out and get FIT!!!!!”
Me:  “RIGHT ON!!!  YOU GO GIRL!”
Every time I think about it I can’t help but chuckle and be happy.   As a fitness instructor, I thrive on others being inspired through enthusiasm.  To that mystery lady I say “Thank you”!  Your enthusiasm now has me now inspired and supercharged up to teach my brand new double header of classes tonight, STEP AND CIRCUIT TRAINING!    Who's in?!?!?!?!
Homework:  Let me know what or who has inspired you to fitness today?????

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tabitha, this is a little late. But it get so much of my inspiration for fitness from you and Chelle. I have really gotten some good focus and putting some effort into. I'm seeing what works and what doesn't, of course reaping all the wisdom you have shared.
    Thanks bunches!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete