Thursday, November 3, 2011

Uh oh! You said the "C" words...

So I have decided that I need a team of clones to get everything I need to get done in a day.  As you have read in Chelle’s blog the last couple of weeks have been a whirlwind for us.  We are talking crazy hectic schedules.  From Halloween to business to program to case study to butt kicking class (yes…..mine is sore today too) planning and execution, to say we are going a million miles an hour does not even begin to cover it. Oh, and just a side note,  did I mention that I am also currently learning how to play the piano on top of it all?  I actually just started not too long ago.  It is something that I have ALWAYS wanted to do and just recently decided to pursue it.  (Let it be known, that my goal is to be able to play the entire Billy Joel anthology) 

But, with all of the craziness, I have to say………Chelle and I are LOVING it!!!  I had no idea that in January of 2007, walking into the trainer’s office at Bally’s and meeting my new client, that I was meeting the person with which I would build a business, share my passion for health to others, and oh yeah….and also share my brain.   We are so grateful and appreciative of your support and input, without you all, we wouldn't be able to do what we do.  We are here for you and though it might be challenging, we are finding that it is the challenge that we thrive on to make us better.  We know that if we consistently push past the boundaries of our comfort zone we will adapt to the new boundaries of that zone getting us to where we want to ultimately be. 
CHALLENGE AND CONSISTENCY…These are great words aren’t they???  And they can be applied to so many different aspects in our lives.  In my mind they are two big keys to success in getting to a goal…especially a fitness goal.  First, you focus creating a realistic physical challenge for yourself as a step towards the overall goal….something that is going to force you a bit outside of what you are comfortable doing.  Our bodies, being extremely adaptable machines, are going to adjust to changes and challenges that we place on them.   Some examples of challenges we may set could include…..choosing different exercises for a workout, increasing the intensity of a workout, or increasing the duration of a workout.  By forcing the body to face a new challenge, you are going to invoke change! 
Consistency becomes important when you set out to conquer the challenge.  The nature of any challenge is, of course, meant to be hard at first.  It would not be called a challenge if it wasn’t.  Also, keep in mind that any new challenges presented in your program are inherently going to invoke change from the inside out.  You may not see immediate differences, but that does not mean that something is not working.  You have to stay consistent on your path for the adaptation process to happen.  The more consistent you are with the challenges you are trying to conquer the quicker you are to see the progress you desire.   Sometimes it takes time to see the changes you want. 
If you don’t stay consistent with working towards conquering your challenge, you run the risk of pacing back and forth on the same path without ever truly moving forward.  Don’t let this be the ingredient that allows you to deviate off of your path or stop you from moving completely.   Pay attention to the not so obvious signs that things are working…… These things may include feeling better, having more energy, lifting more weight, doing more pushups, and noticing that your clothes may be looser.  Acknowledge these signs as victories and allow them to further feed your drive to stay motivated and to continue to be even more consistent.   Eventually, without even blinking an eye, the challenge that was sooooooo hard before will be conquered.   Finally, and most importantly…..when you have conquered a challenge you have set for yourself….GET STARTED ON A NEW ONE!  HA!  Consistently set enough of these challenges and eventually it will only add up to one thing…….YOUR GOAL!

HOMEWORK.....Set up a new challenge for yourself today and let us know what it is!!!!!
Have a Great Thursday everyone!

2 comments:

  1. BASIC bodybuilding! I want some muscles! I'm at 108lbs, I feel like I'm safe to lift as much as I want for a while and not lose my girliness. Yes? Can't WAIT for the support program. Lots of questions! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Figure out the food! It is such a source of frustration. Can't digitally of I'm eating too much or to little. I am working hard but I don't have definition. What is the deal? My Homework is to figure it out - with a little
    Help from you guys, I hope :)

    ReplyDelete