Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Cardinal Rule of Shopping.....


One thing I re-learned and solidified in my mind this weekend…..There are certain things that should not be shopped for alone!  Now, normally, I would not mind shopping alone, however, through years of mall hopping I compiled a list of items that should NOT be shopped for without some serious back-up on your side.   When I say back-up, I mean a shopping partner that is tasked with the duty of keeping you sane and realistic as you stand in front of the funhouse mirrors in the department store dressing rooms. What are they thinking with those things?!?!?!?!?! (NOTE TO SELF:  Next week begin plotting the “Down with Dressing Room Mirrors” protest)

So what are the items you should not seek out alone???   I am glad you asked…….They are as follows:   bathing suits, jeans, and formal wear.  I ventured into in the formal wear category last weekend looking for a dress to wear for my brother’s wedding that I am going to this weekend.  Good news though....I must have burned 2,000 calories at least trying on hundreds of dresses and I did find one that is going to work :D  However, without a trusty sidekick, I assure you completing the task took way too many hours then it should have. 

Oh, and just a side story…at one point I got so defeated I decided that I was going to leave one mall and go to another.  As I trudged to my car, I was deep in thought of the best place to go and how I was going to get there.  Well, when I got to my car I pulled my little backpack/purse of my shoulder and immediately became mortified.  OMG!!! I couldn’t believe it!  I actually walked through the ENTIRE MALL only to find that I had been doing so with the strapless bra I brought with me half hanging out of my purse!!!!  Are you kidding me?!?!?!?!?! I believe that is what they call icing on the cake. With tears in my eyes, all I could say to myself at that point was… ”You will laugh about this later; you will laugh about this later; you will laugh about this later.”  Ok, so maybe after the initial shock and feeling mortified, I high-tailed it out of the parking lot.  And…..5 minutes LATER, after I was sure I was clear of the building…..I LAUGHED (What??? Technically it was later right?).

On a final note, I just want to say how awesome it is to see the overwhelming response to the 12 week program that we are getting ready to kick off.  This is only the start of something great for everyone, I assure you.  If you are still planning on applying, you have until Saturday, October 15th at 11:59pm to get your information to us.  It is a very easy process with the online form.  Just go to http://recipeforfitness.com/application.html , fill out the application and click submit.  If you are just tuning in and have no idea what I am rambling about, take a look at Chelle’s blog titled:

It’s Time to Take Over the World….

Tuesday Motivation:  Get ‘er done and leave nothing on the table today!  It will leave you with less to clean up later.

Everyone have a Terrific Tuesday!

3 comments:

  1. You said it! Woot! Nothing on the table today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. too funny! of course as it wasn't my purse and bra I can see the humour in it quite quickly...lol...lol...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so with you on the Jeans...I think labor is easier. The bathing suits...well I am barley brave enough to wear one to the pool forget inviting someone to see me in a fitting room, with mirrors, lights and pasty skin!
    That is why you need to pick me for the 12 week butt kick boot camp!!!

    ReplyDelete